Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Some Digital Dallying And Face #437

Even as I photographed and uploaded my painting last post, I knew with that dark background I added that I would need to adjust some of the values on the couple's faces. But I was waiting for the workable fixative to dry, so I ended up tinkering with what the adjustments might be like in a digital editing program. One thing led to another, as you can see...
This next one below is probably my favorite. I may use a print of it in a collage.
A sepia version...
Then, because I had already compressed my file with the type included, I went back and started all over again to make another one like my favorite except without the type. It was a fun digital dallying session while listening to the occasional gusts outside(Irene's bands are now passing over Florida dumping a lot of rain and wind on us).
Face #437
If we lose power, I may be a few days without posting. But I will sure make use of that time drawing! Even if by candlelight! Until next time, take care!