Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Faces #445, #446, And More

Face #445 started out as a "trois crayons" drawing (red, black, and white chalk). Normally this is done on a cream toned paper to get nice skin tones, but I was curious how it might look on a cooler toned paper. The black and red really scream against this paper, and the effect leaves him looking almost tin-man silver.Here is the same image below after adding in skin tones and some modifications to his hair and face. I will say that the trois crayons made for a nice under painting, anyway. I could play some more with this piece, but probably will not. Can't decide. Some touching up on his face and a background might make it into a finished piece. For now, it's another face to add to the count.Face #446 also started out differently, sat for a day, and then underwent some modifications. Sometimes the best thing you can do with a piece is to let it sit before proceeding. I am happy with how this one turned out.I went back to this mermaid collage lay out, removing some items and adding an item. I think I may keep this piece color restricted to keep with the original concept I had for a more vintage look. I also finally bought more ink for my printer today and was able to print up some items for this other collage I want to make, to go along with another piece of marbled paper I bought. Although I like these printed items with this marbled paper, one of two things I can do will make them more compatible. I can use some inks on the printed items to make them tie in better with the marbled paper. Or, I could add a border of some sort that closely ties in with the colors and values of the printed items. I may even do both. It is a collage, after all.
Have a safe great weekend, and thanks for the visit!