Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

More Faces, More Collage Fun

First up, are Faces #447 and #448. I am glad I did these sketches in pencil on pastel paper instead of the crummy sketchbook paper I sometimes use when working in pencil. This paper handles erasures so much better, and the tooth of the paper makes it more pleasurable to work with. Next, I have a two more elements for my mermaid collage. As mentioned in a previous post, I plan on keeping this one color restricted for a more vintage look. For the other collage project, I did like this version of elements (below) with the marbled paper. But I mentioned adding some inks to the elements so they would be more compatible with the marbled paper. Instead, I have decided to use these below for one collage... and this second version (below) for the collage with the marbled paper. I am glad I have both of these versions laid out neatly and print-ready should I decide to sell them as art papers for collages. Here are some medallions below that I created digitally that I may also use in my collage.And finally, here is how the second version of elements look with the marbled paper. Much more compatible. Once I have just the right selection of my printed elements for the collages, I will probably go on a hunt for buttons, beads, ribbons and the like. I haven't decided just how complex or simple I want the collages to be at this point. I may not post about them again until they are finished...and I need to get busy again with faces!!!!
Until next time, take care!