Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Slow Cooked

Although I don't have any new work to show today, I did manage to snag a few decorative papers for a collage in my travels. I have just loosely laid it out here for the camera. A feature I like in the process of collage work, is that you can put it on the back burner and slowly gather and collect just the right ingredients before moving forward. I am almost ready to put this one together. The decorative papers give me the textural quality I was looking to add, along with a bold shot of deep color from the marbled paper. I was pleased with the papers, and how well they play with the other elements.
Until next time, take care!