Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Drama Club"

"Drama Club", study 19" by 25", pastel (faces #484-#486)
It has been almost two weeks since my last post. Because of the water damage done to my apartment by a recent storm, I am trying to arrange a move elsewhere which has taken up a lot of my already limited time. I was only able to complete the piece above in small increments at a time ( and I'm still not sure if it is finished). The blue area has some intricate textural line work which I have not been able to get to appear in a photograph. I'll try taking one without a flash...
Well, there's a close-up (above) that shows the detail a little better. The subtle nuances of the piece are much clearer in person. I have a few sketches I did which I will post next time. Until then, take care!