Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weekend Retreat To The Beach

I know I have mentioned on my Famous Faces pages here on this blog that art is an escape for me. That seems more true now than it ever has been over the last few very rough weeks. I think the reason I am so particularly drawn to idealism in art, is because I get saturated and overwhelmed enough by life's realities. So in searching out a theme for my last few pieces, I naturally found my mind wandering back to an idyllic beach. This piece below, is how it looked when I last posted. And then, I brought a photo of it into Corel painter just to get a better idea of how my envisioned layout might look. Even the rough digital rendering below appeals a bit to me, which is enough to proceed.
And here below, is how the piece currently looks.
And then I dragged an updated photo of it into Corel Painter one more time to see how I will potentially finish the piece (below). Again, the digital rendering tends to be rough but satisfactory enough that I will proceed. Even though this is a whimsical piece, I am careful in my execution. I think I have about two to three hours left on this. Face #500 that I started today, below, while substantially smaller than the above piece will also have a beach scene added into the background.  So, yes... a blissful beach somewhere that I can just forget my cares is what I seem to want to draw/paint! Until next time, day dream, have fun, and take care!