Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Faces #470-#483

I have been delaying a post with these because I knew I'd need a good chunk of time to photograph them, crop them to size, and upload them. But here they are. Some are pencil, some ink, one pastel. Not all, but the majority of these studies focus more on figure than face since I am trying to get away from smaller pieces, and do larger ones. I can also see I should move on to newsprint instead of sketchbooks for my studies, to work at a larger scale. We have had some really bad weather here in central Florida as of late. While not a tropical storm or hurricane, some of the wind, rain, and damage has been worse than the forecasted hurricanes and tropical storms that came through here in the past. The sun is out for the first time in four days, but the parking lot is full of shingles. The outgoing mailbox is lying on the lawn. I have had a box fan on a puddle from beneath the window sill to the center of my bedroom for three days. My backdoor is damaged from the wind ripping it out of my hand several times.  The winds got up to the high 70 mph range. There's still a lot of debris on the roads. Just a mess! Anyway... 
         Until next time, take care!