Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Couple Of Couples And A Sketching Frenzy

I had a lot of fun working on the first two pieces shown. I am thinking of doing a whole series of paintings of couples. I like the dynamic involved in capturing two people in an exchange of some sort. Or maybe I'm just a "romantic"...the jury isn't quite out on that just yet, however! Because I am coming to the end of a sketchbook of 70 sheets, I kept telling myself it would be a shame to stop sketching when there were just a few more pages. So I went on a "bender", doing all eight of these in one sitting. I love it that another sketchbook is full of faces, all in one neatly bound compilation. With the Fourth Of July coming up, and many other things going on, I don't know how many posts I will be getting in until after the holiday weekend. We'll see what happens! Until next time, take care!