Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Two Faces, Two Ways

This is definitely not "the blog of a thousand finished art pieces". I have to remind myself of that sometimes when I am feeling envious of other artists who show nice finished items on their blogs (blog envy). Nor is this "the blog of a thousand backgrounds", "blog of a thousand art tutorials", or any other such blog. I assure you I can finish items, I can draw diverse backgrounds, and other artists could learn something from me. But I had a concrete objective when I began this blog. Recently, I have re-evaluated that goal, and after much thought, I plan to proceed as I have been. I'm going to draw a thousand faces and post them here. One way I can keep the goal fresh, is to vary things sometimes. So the past few days, I have picked away at two very different pieces. I did start to add in the backgrounds of both. The ink drawing took a lot of time because some of the fills are very small. Smaller than if done with even the finest point pigma marker, and done with a professional Rapidograph pen. In any event, here are faces #368 and #369.
A close up of the ink drawing...
And one in pencil...
I will try to post again soon, but have a full plate! Until next time, take care!