Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

In Progress

I decided I wanted to work on some additional elements yesterday for a collage I'm putting together. This below was one of the elements I created for it and posted about last month.
I wanted a print of an antique map to add to the collage, but couldn't find one I really liked. So I found a simple royalty free image of a globe, and after some digital work in Corel Painter and Photoshop, I finally finished creating this new element below to my liking, in two different versions.
 Then I recalled having made a vector drawing in Adobe Illustrator of a ship, which was originally to be used as a pattern for this quilt below. 
The drawing, after some minor changes, will work well as another collage element. I may still do some more minor modifications to it.
 I am thinking that once I am finished with my collage, I may offer packs of the elements to crafters for purchase to use in their own projects. I have seen such packs for sale in paper and scrap booking sections of craft stores. Just an idea.
        While still at the computer yesterday, I also brought a photo of a recent painting into Corel Painter to audition a possible background. It's nice to be able to do this, see it in front of you, without having to alter the actual painting in anyway. Risk-free trial. The pics below show what I originally had in mind. I like the second one better. But I still haven't decided!
I will have faces to post later in the week. Until next time, take care!