Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, July 30, 2012

A New Mermaid Painting

I can't believe a whole week has passed since my last post. Trying to find an apartment and new place for my son to live has turned into a major project, and left me with little time for anything else. To complicate the issue, we have encountered some opportunists along the way. Some apartment complexes here will ask for a considerable non-refundable application fee, then tell you your application has been declined without even providing any reason. One place wanted ninety dollars. If they do that ten times in a day, they don't even need to rent an apartment. In one day, they've made over a full month's rent from the applicants. It has made me really leery. I just want to find my son a place to live.


I did manage over the weekend to at least start this painting shown in stages, below. I hope to finish it by Friday, but we will see. 



This one has been fun so far. I will be possibly adding a sea horse. I haven't made all the decisions as to composition yet, and wanted to work this piece "on the fly".


Hope everyone has a great week. Until next time, take care!