Over the weekend I made sure I would at least start a project, and get some ideas of what I wanted to get done over this week. The piece I started will hopefully be added to the note card collection I have been working on, contingent on how it turns out. I also want to do some faces this week with the specific intention of using them in a collage idea I have been kicking around in my head for too long.
The idea I had for the piece below wasn't executed as well as I had hoped the first time I sketched it out (below). I just feel the compositional layout could be better. I may still use this piece, and finish it, however. Wish it had photographed better...
I did go back and draw another version yesterday. Then I inked over the basic design, and started painting. I hope to finish it over the week.
I do like the deep tan I wanted for this mermaid, although the "Indian Red"pastel I used in some places needs to be toned down slightly. But I have decided until I throw down more color in the overall piece, I will wait to make any adjustments since that's a better time to do so....see how well everything else plays together with it.
I had a story to share, but it will have to keep until next time. I hope all my readers are doing well, and take care!