Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Unfinished Projects

I was listening to an inspirational speaker on tv yesterday in the morning who really got me motivated toward finishing up some of the projects I have been putting off.  So while I was tempted to start something new, I have about four projects I am committed to completing. I worked on these two, below. I still have some more minor tweaking to do on the mermaid painting which I have amended so I can add it to a note card collection, but the egg collage is pretty well finished. 


The nice thing about a collage is that you can move your elements around, arranging it in many ways before committing to anything. The same can be said for digital art if you separate things into layers. But in a traditional painting, some corrections may be very difficult to make if you have changed your mind afterwards. One of the other unfinished projects I am working on has left me somewhat unsure of how to proceed, because I want to be very careful as I have already put so much time into the piece. I don't want to screw it up at this stage. While a more complex background may elevate it to an even better piece, a simpler approach may be the safer way to go. Because of that reason, the piece has just sat for months. But I plan on finishing it over the weekend and will post the results.

Unitl next time, take care!