Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Faces #624-#633

Still A Blog About Faces...

I did a lot of sketching over the week, mostly just in pencil. This first one below, though, is for a potential quilt pattern design. After sketching it out several times, I went back and accentuated the contour lines and added the face and some partial shading. Then below that picture, you can see where I brought it into Photoshop just to get an idea of how it might look "painted" in fabric.


Next up, I did a face in pastel. I will probably just leave this as it is, and not pursue it any further with a background. This one may find it's way into a collage, however.
Finally, a lot of sketches in pencil...








That's it for today. I hope to be able to get something done for Monday to show. Have a great weekend!