Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day Of The Dolphins

I can't say this piece, once finished, ended up fitting in with either of the two collections I had originally intended making it a part of...but sometimes a piece takes you in a direction all of it's own, and you just have to go with that. 


Tuesday morning I painted the dolphins and the beginning stages of the bubbles.


Wednesday I glazed, scumbled, adjusted things, and added the background. The painting was very dark at the point where I left off.


Finally, this morning I finished with some minor adjustments and the adding of a rich turquoise to brighten the waters. 

Well, that's all for now. I have to run a bunch of errands this morning. Until next time, take care!