Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Unity In A Collection

People tend to like to group things; and unity appeals to most people, not only within one design, but also in a collection. While this principle applies to the note cards I am creating, it is also something a gallery looks for from an artist. I am in the process of forming several collections; united first by theme, united by style, united by colors, and even some more subtle attributes. My main objective in finishing this mermaid painting (below) after it had sat for so long, was because I thought it would pair well with the two more recent designs I am also showing here.




























I have also been working on a few other collections, sorting them into groups of fives, even if it means creating some new pieces to that end.

That's all for me on this hot July morning. until next time, take care!