Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mermaids And Movies


Yesterday I had posted about a painting that has sat for months because I was not sure how I was going to finish it, and my hesitance about making the wrong choice. Above is the before, below is the after. It is still not finished, because I had to wait for a fixative to dry overnight before moving on. But I do like the direction I have chosen to take the piece and will try to finish it today.


I have a couple blogger friends who have been posting videos on their blogs concerning their process. So I thought I'd add a couple of short videos to my post today, as well. The first one is a compilation of some of the fabric panels I designed. For the most part, all the work is entirely advanced digital art that combines drawing skills with hundreds and hundreds of hours of experience in digital imaging programs. And to illustrate how identical the digital drawing process can be to traditional drawing methods, I have provided the second movie which is a step by step overhead in the creation of a fabric panel design. Enjoy.





Until next time, take care!