Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Water Play

This is going to be an ultra-short post because I have to run off to an appointment in a few minutes. But I wanted to post this other dolphin I worked on yesterday.  I erased most of a previous sketch I had already done which also had a mermaid in it, leaving just part of the dolphin here, and then went into the pastel. I guess I was going for something less whimsical than the piece in my last post with the mermaid and three dolphins...something a little more realistic looking. This was a quick study with my main focus on the color of the water which is a blend of the mellow orange paper underneath, an olive green, an aquamarine, a dark forest green, and a dusky violet to help neutralize and subdue the greens a bit. Then, the highlights on the water are a pale minty aqua color, and a white. Many of my pastels are just numbered, so I have given you my own description of the colors. Anyway, this is my post for Friday; this is what I have for today to show.






Until next time, take care!