Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer Romance Collage, Faces #622-#623

This layout for a collage, below, is based on an excerpt of a romantic short story I have been writing. Because I want to include the excerpt from the story in this post, I figured I would show this version of the collage. I auditioned many possible layouts, and find that I like the collage itself better without the eggs which were carefully painted, then cut for use. I may yet do another collage with a breakfast theme, including the eggs there.
(Happy reading. An excerpt follows: )

"Although quite dark, one could still unmistakably discern the waves of the sea rising and falling under the moon. The night air was lightly scented with its salt, and peppered with the sound of surf meeting the shore. Victoria took it all in for a moment from the aged wood veranda of the beach house. As she turned to make her way back inside, she could see just the silhouette of Eric beyond the glass doors, standing in the kitchen. As she became closer, the details came into focus; of his glorious face, where the deep golden skin tones of his torso contrasted against the white boxers he wore, of the toast with a bite missing which he held in his strong right hand. He proudly inched a plate of food on the counter in her direction, wordlessly beckoning her to enjoy his simple culinary offering.

She had always imagined it would be this way between them: days filled with walks on the beach; nights that began with tender kisses that led to sun bleached sheets crumpled all around them; and then, the late night snack of toast and eggs afterward....bliss. " 


This second version of the collage above, is still in progress. I will be sure to post an update. Until next time, take care!